Terms and Conditions of Sale for Wholesale and Professional Customers
This Thorne Research, Inc. Terms and Conditions of Sale for Wholesale and Professional Customers Policy (“Terms and Conditions of Sale”) is issued by Thorne Research, Inc. (“Thorne”) and applies to all Authorized Sellers of Thorne products (“Products”) in the United States of America. These Terms and Conditions of Sale supplement any then-current policy and/or agreement between you and Thorne. By purchasing Products from Thorne, you agree to adhere to the following terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions of Sale are effective as of February 1, 2021.
General Purchase Terms.
- Pricing. Thorne reserves the right to revise the pricing of Products at any time and without advance notice.
- Shipping. Thorne Products are shipped according to the standard methods of shipping in place at the time.
- Receipt of Products. If a Thorne Product is received in damaged condition, then it should be reported promptly to Thorne’s Customer Service Department. If a discrepancy exists between the quantity or items ordered and the quantity or items received, then Thorne should be notified within seven (7) business days of receipt of the shipment.
- Purchase Orders and Products. Orders for Products (“Purchase Orders”) made by you shall be handled pursuant to Thorne’s then-current Product order and shipment procedures, which may be amended by Thorne at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Thorne reserves the right to reject any Purchase Order, in whole or in part, for any reason. Thorne reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion and without any obligation, liability or advance notice to you, to discontinue the sale of or limit the production of any Product, to terminate or limit deliveries of any Product, to alter the design or composition of any Product, and to add new and additional Products to or delete existing Products from its Product lines.
Product Returns. It is the policy of Thorne to accept
Product returns directly from Authorized Sellers who sell and distribute
Products, as well as consumers who purchase Products directly from Thorne via
direct fulfillment, Thorne’s Patient Express or Web Elite programs, or other
approved means of patient-direct drop shipping. Thorne’s Customer Service
Department is responsible for the administration of returns. You must also
abide by the Thorne Satisfaction Guarantee as listed at:
Returns from Qualified Healthcare Practitioners and Professional
Product returns from qualified healthcare practitioners and professional
wholesale/internet resellers are accepted under the following terms and
- Products damaged during shipment or incorrectly shipped, including differences of opinion between Thorne and the healthcare practitioner or wholesale/Internet reseller as to what was ordered, will be credited or replaced and reshipped (as appropriate) at Thorne’s expense. Such returns or discrepancies must be identified within thirty (30) days of purchase from Thorne. Thorne will determine whether damaged or incorrectly shipped Products will be returned and, if so, Thorne will cover the cost of return shipping.
- Returns of open, used Product will be accepted when the return is a result of a patient not tolerating the Product or having a clinical complaint. The patient, qualified healthcare practitioner, or professional wholesale/Internet reseller must provide the necessary information to Medical Affairs as defined in the Product Complaints (Non-Health Related) and Adverse Events procedures. Following receipt and approval of the clinical complaint by Safety Call and Medical Affairs, Customer Service will handle the administration of the Product return. Thorne will determine whether the Product will be returned and, if so, Thorne will cover the cost of return shipping. A Product credit will be issued to the returning party’s account at the then-current purchase price less any applicable discounts previously provided. Product credits must be used within one hundred and twenty (120) days of issue, which is noted in the email correspondence to the customer along with the credit memo.
- Thorne provides customers purchasing from Thorne or an Authorized Seller a satisfaction guarantee in the United States. The terms of the satisfaction guarantee are listed at: thorne.com/60-day-satisfaction-guarantee. Authorized Sellers of Thorne Products must offer a refund, replacement Product or store credit as mentioned in the satisfaction guarantee for 60 days after the date of original purchase. To make the claim for credit, the Authorized Seller must comply with any reasonable verification claim process required by Thorne. Thorne will determine whether the Product will be returned, and, if so, Thorne will cover the cost of return shipping. A Product credit will be issued to the returning party’s account at the then-current purchase price less any applicable discounts previously provided. Product credits must be used within one hundred and twenty (120) days of issue, which is noted in the email correspondence to the customer along with the credit memo. Test kits are not subject to the satisfaction guarantee.
- Product returned for any other reason will be accepted as approved by Customer Service. Depending on the circumstances and condition of the Product to be returned, Customer Service will determine the specific Product credit to be applied. That credit, no greater than seventy-five percent (75%) of the purchase price at the time of sale, will be provided to the qualified healthcare practitioner or professional wholesale/Internet reseller’s account. Customer Service will also determine whether the Product will be returned and, if so, the cost for shipping for any return other than the circumstances outlined in Sections 2(a)(i) and 2(a)(ii), above, will be borne by the qualified healthcare practitioner or professional wholesale/Internet reseller. Thorne reserves the right to waive the twenty-five percent (25%) restocking fee.
- Customer Service will determine if Product returns should be shipped back to Thorne. The twenty dollar ($20) minimum for returns to Thorne will apply, unless there is a quality or other reason determined to require the return of the product.
- With the exception of Sections 2(a)(i) to (iii), above, no returns of Thorne-branded Product will be accepted if the bottle or label has been misbranded (for example, additional stickers, labels, writing) such that it prevents Thorne from returning the bottle to stock for resale. Returns must be in the original, sealed Thorne bottles.
- Returns of non-damaged Products exceeding one percent (1%) of net sales will not be honored unless approved by the Chief Operation Officer.
- With the exception of returns of damaged Products (see Section 2(a)(i), above), no returns will be accepted from professional wholesale/Internet resellers without the prior approval of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Qualified healthcare practitioners and professional wholesale/Internet resellers are responsible for reimbursing their customers for returns.
- Returns from Qualified Healthcare Practitioners and Professional Wholesale/Internet Resellers. Product returns from qualified healthcare practitioners and professional wholesale/internet resellers are accepted under the following terms and conditions:
- Modifications. Thorne reserves the right to update, amend, or modify these Terms and Conditions of Sale at any time. Unless otherwise provided, such amendments will take effect immediately and your purchase of the Products following notice will be deemed your acceptance of the amendments.
- Waiver. No waiver of any breach of any provision of the Terms and Conditions of Sale shall constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, nor shall it constitute a course of dealing and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Sale is held contrary to law, the remaining provisions shall remain valid.
- Governing Law and Venue. These Terms and Conditions of Sale and any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina, without regard to its choice of law rules. In the event of a dispute over the terms or performance under these Terms and Conditions of Sale, you expressly submit to personal jurisdiction and venue in the federal or state courts in Charleston County, South Carolina.